Life after High School
Ombudsman Chicago staff and community partners work with students to ensure they have plans for the future before they graduate. All seniors create a portfolio as they learn about options for life after high school.
The senior portfolio includes:
- A resume
- A cover letter or letter of interest
- Three reference letters
- At least one college application
- At least one application to a community college or technical school
- A FAFSA application for financial aid, as needed
- At least one job application
- One career plan presentation
Ombudsman Chicago offers financial aid workshops at all campuses during the school year and helps parents fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form during parent nights. Ombudsman Chicago also works with local businesses, colleges and universities, and Ladder Up, a local non-profit, to support students as they plan for the future.