Why Choose Ombudsman Chicago?
Feel valued. Respected. Confident. Independent. Successful.
Feel proud of what you accomplished and hopeful about your future.
Have time for family, friends, work and school.
Get another chance to succeed in high school so you can succeed after you graduate.
Ombudsman Chicago is a tuition‐free program that gives students who have dropped out of high school a new option for earning a Chicago Public Schools high school diploma. Our program combines computer-based coursework with personal support and face‐to‐face instruction from caring, certified teachers in a professional, alternative learning environment.
Since opening as a Chicago Public Schools Options Schools program in 2013, more than 8,140 students have attended the four Ombudsman campuses and more than 900 have graduated with a CPS diploma — that’s an average graduation rate of 84 percent.
Who can attend?
Ombudsman is designed for students who have dropped out of high school and want to earn their diploma. Students are eligible to attend Ombudsman if they are between ages 16-21 as of September 8, 2020, returning to grades 9-12, and residents of the city of Chicago.
Students say Ombudsman “feels like home” and it’s easier to focus in a learning community where there’s no drama or distraction – and where there’s plenty of motivation.
Ombudsman operates four campuses in the Chicagoland area, and you can enroll in any location that’s convenient for you. Chicago Options School Programs are free for Chicago Public Schools students ages 16-21.
Ombudsman Chicago Options School Programs Offer:
- Open enrollment throughout the year – you can start school at any time – and start earning credits on DAY ONE;
- Easy transfer of your existing credits;
- Flexible schedules. Attend one of our convenient morning or afternoon sessions, evening session is also available at our Northwest campus. Monday-Friday so you don’t have to choose between life and school;
- Teachers who care about where you want to go in the future, not what you did in the past;
- A quiet place to learn in a professional, alternative education setting – no distractions, no drama;
- The chance to graduate with a real CPS high school diploma, not a GED;
- Post-Secondary Counselors who help you explore options for life after high school – whether you want to go to college, trade or technical school or join the workforce; and,
- Access to the STRIVE Workforce Development Program, Chicago Builds, Youth Job Center and summer internship programs to help students train for and find jobs.
How to Enroll
To apply to one of our locations, start the process by completing this form or by calling us Monday through Friday from 8:00am – 6:00pm to speak with one of our Outreach Specialists. You can reach us at (312) 806-9022.